Why is a positive attitude so important?
Life is a journey, and that journey isn't always going to be a bed of roses. There will be pain, there will be sadness. That's just how life works. But if we allow ourselves to see the bright side of life, the silver lining in every cloud, and the glimmer of hope in every moment of darkness, the moments of pain and sadness will be a little easier to bare, even if the situation totally sucks, looking on the bright side and having an optimistic attitude will see us through it. When you can laugh through pain, you're already winning.
Positivity isn't about perfection or striving for it
Positivity is about acceptance. Loving ourselves for who we are. Accepting things and allowing ourselves to grow. Choosing to see the good in people and situations, choosing to be happy for others. Nobody is perfect and nobody has a perfect life no matter what their social media accounts may suggest. We don't need to strive for perfection either. Admitting and being open and honest about our battles and hardships doesn't mean we are being negative, it doesn't mean we are weak. It means we are being open to encouragement, swallowing pride, letting go of fears of judgement. We are sharing our stories with others, and who knows maybe even helping others as a result of that too and what could be more positive than that.
There are lots of things we can do to get into a positive mindset. Anyone can train their mind to see the good in things. Practising positivity as I like to call it. Little by little, day by day we can introduce positive activities into our lives, and soon enough, we will probably notice we're more optimistic and we are seeing things in a whole new light.
21 positivity tips:
- Spend time with people you love
- Listen to music that makes you feel how you want to feel
- Listen to music loudly and sing at the top of your lungs - even if you're terrible
- Cut out negative people who bring you down and wear you out
- Take time to do the things you enjoy
- Take time to smell the flowers and fill your lungs with fresh air
- Eat good food
- Express yourself
- Write down everything that has made you happy for a week, a month or a year
- Challenge negativity. Be stronger than negativity.
- Set goals and reward yourself when you've met those goals
- Collect your favourite quotes and images and put them into a book folder or box for inspiration
- See criticism as a way to grow and improve
- Hug people (people you know, not random strangers!)
- Share with others - share your worries, share your successes, share good moments
- Practise random acts of kindness
- Commit yourself to constant self-improvement
- Pamper yourself
- Take lots of snapshots
- Give compliments
- Never give up