Sophia is another chronic illness fighter and she uses food as medicine. Her photos always make my mouth water and tummy rumble. If you love healthy food, I really would suggest checking out her Instagram @spooniesophia where she is fast becoming one of the best foodie accounts around. She also blogs at spooniesophia.wordpress.com where she shares more recipes, as well as blogging about other topics, from chronic illness to life in general. She is one of the 'Spoonful Of She' girls which is the YouTube channel I am starting in the new year so no doubt you will be hearing me talk more about her in the future! Thank you Sophia for the wonderful recipe!
Gingerbread Spiced Granola
- 3 1/4 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 tsp pink himalayan sat salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 7
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix
- In a small pan over a low heat, melt the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour and spread the mixture evenly onto a a large baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring after ten minutes.
- Once the granola is browned remove from the oven and let cool completely on the pan.
- Store in airtight containers. Enjoy!